Miss Taylor Furey
A NOTE FROM THE TEACHER
Welcome to 3rd Grade! My name is Taylor Furey and I am pleased to be your child’s teacher for the 2019-2020 school year! Third grade is such an awesome grade and I am so excited to start this journey.
This will be my first year teaching at St. Mark School and I am more than happy to be here. I’ve went to catholic school in the area my whole life. Within the past few months I’ve graduated from Kutztown University with a bachelors degree in Elementary Education! While I was at Kutztown University, I student taught in 3rd grade and loved every minute of it. In my spare time, I love to spend time with my family, shop, and go on adventures with my friends! 3rd grade was my favorite grade as a student, so my goal for this year is to make the year just as special as mine was! I have lots of exciting plans for the 3rd graders this year and I cannot wait to get started very shortly.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 22nd, 2020
- ELA- make flashcards for 4 vocabulary words of your choosing. (They don’t have to be actual flashcards, they can be made.)
- Reading comprehension worksheet.
- Math- complete pages 311 and 312.
- 2 spelling tasks due Friday.
- Science and Simple Solutions quiz tomorrow.- study!
- Social Studies quiz, Reading test, and Spelling test Friday!
January 21st, 2020
- ELA- Readers and Writers Notebook page 263.
- Math- pages 304, 305, and 306.
- Religion- write 1 paragraph in your religion copybook about how Jesus brings you peace and joy.
- 2 spelling tasks due by Friday.
- Simple Solutions quiz and open book Science quiz Thursday- study!
- Tests will be coming back Thursday this week.
- Catholic Schools Week next week!
- Lip Sync Battle Saturday, January 25th.
- Open house on Sunday, January 26th.
- If you would still like to sign up for career day, please fill out the form that was sent home!
- If you would like to volunteer for the Book Fair, please fill out and hand in the form that was sent home!
UPCOMING Tests/Quizzes for the week of 1/21
Simple Solutions Quiz (lessons 53-56)
Science Quiz (Unit 3, lessons 1 and 2)
Reading Test (Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest)
Social Studies Quiz (lessons 1 and 2)
Spelling Words for the week of 1/21
Scholastic Book Fairs Reading
|Morning Work -ELA-then Religion||Morning Work-ELA- then Religion||Morning Work -ElA-then Technology||Morning Work -ELA-then Religion||Morning Work-ELA- then Religion|
|Social Studies||ELA||Social Studies||ELA||ELA|